Hello! Welcome to this digital place where I am attempting to understand my crappy ass relationship with food. I am assuming you are here because you see some similarity or connection between my experience and yours. I am so glad you are here because that means we are both normal. This blog is about a couple of things…
- 30/10 Weight Loss for Life- the program I was participating in to release my weight. It was and is an awesome program. I lost 66 pounds. I found some of those pounds again and I am not pleased with myself.
- Bariatric surgery- sleeve gastrectomy to be precise. I will be having this procedure this summer (2019) and will be documenting my process because it helps to read the experiences of others. Perhaps this is in your future too?
- The journey of self discovery- why do I have a not-so-good relationship with food and discovering why I am holding on to this weight?
- To keep myself accountable to the person I want to become…a person who lives life at a healthy weight.
- To make my journey public. If something is not public it is hidden and keeping some things hidden is just not a good idea. So by making them public I can start to get healthy and understand why I do the things that I do.
- To hopefully help others who are thinking what I am thinking and feeling like I am feeling. Finding good quality info on 30/10 is a challenge and I think the more informed you are about something the better a decision you can make! KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!
- Build a support community for myself and ANYONE else struggling. This is a safe place to learn and share and grow even though I don’t “know” you. But I do know you…we re struggling with the same thing and life is just a big struggle.
So enjoy! GO HAWKS!